Friday, January 28, 2011

A raw update.

I realize the flaw in the concept of a raw feeding blog... Lack of material.  Perhaps I'm not creative enough to to see the blog-worthy moments of day to day feeding.  But I don't have much else new to write about.

Raw feeding is going great.  I've gotten a lot more free meat, and should be set for a while.  Mona had a slight upset last week and, to be on the safe side, I took her to the vet.  He ran some tests but couldn't find anything out of the ordinary.  He ran a stool sample and couldn't find any bad bacteria in it whatsoever (take that, anti-raw germophobes!!).  Most likely, she ate something she shouldn't have, probably from outside.  We now watch her much more closely when we let her outside!

I am planning to scout out some ethnic grocery stores this weekend in hopes of finding sources for organs, which is my only hang-up right now.  Mona gets liver, but I have yet to find any other organs.  I'd also love to find some beef heart, which I've yet to try.  I'll try to post pictures of whatever goodies I might find (assuming I locate my camera, which is MIA!).

In the mean time, I think I'll expand this blog to include more of my pets.  Between the rest of the critters in my house, I doubt I'll be short on material!

No comments:

Post a Comment