Saturday, October 30, 2010

It has begun!

We have officially been raw feeders for one whole day!  For Mona's first meal, I started her off with a decent sized chicken drumstick, weighing right under 8 ounces.  She licked it for a while, moved it around a lot, had no idea what to do with it for quite a while.  After over half an hour, I finally started hearing some good crunching noises.  After that, she really got going, and had finished it off in about ten minutes. She's now sitting contentedly on our bench at the front window, watching passersby.

I served her meal in her old stainless steel bowl on top of an old bath towel.  She'd pulled the drumstick out of the bowl within the first minute, so I don't think I'll continue with that.  No point in dirtying up a bowl if the food won't even stay in it!  The towel, however, I'm hoping to keep.  She carried the chicken off the towel onto the carpet a couple of times (at one point, she even attempted to bring it up on the couch), but each time I picked it back up, set it back on the towel, saying "towel".  She's a smart girl, so hopefully she catches on pretty quickly.

Unfortunately, the battery on my camera doesn't want to hold a charge anymore.  I snapped one quick photo of the chicken in her bowl, after which my camera shut itself off and refused to come back on.  I'm going to attempt to charge it again tonight in hopes of getting raw eating pictures tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment