Thursday, October 28, 2010

The last day of kibble.

This afternoon I took the kibble container, turned it upside down, and shook the last few pieces into Mona's stainless steel bowl.  Mona munched on it throughout the evening, and finished it about an hour ago.  Maybe it's because the metal reflects light so well, but when I walk past that bowl on my way to the kitchen, I notice how empty it is.  The kibble is gone.


It sounds silly, but the big change we're making has really hit me.  No more conveniently and absentmindedly dumping kibble in a bowl.  I'll now be making a conscious choice every day as to what Mona eats.  And, of course, I'm anxious to see the results of this change we're making.


So... here's to a healthy dog!

2 comments:

  1. I saw your post on rawfeeding regarding your pup's poops. :-) So I came on over to your blog, and I'm really enjoying this little chronicle of "the change" LOL. I've been feeding raw for over 7 years - whole prey model for over 3 years. I'm pleased for you! Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Rachel (great name lol)! All of you long-time feeders make me really confident that this will work out!

    ReplyDelete